South Coast Insurance Limited

TOLL-FREE: 1-866-789-4077

For an update regarding COVID-19, click here.

Claims FAQ

I just had a car accident. What do I do now?

During business hours:

Call your local representative or our head office (279-3200 or 1-866-789-4077) to report your claim to us. We’ll record all the details and report it to your insurance carrier on your behalf.

After business hours:

If you want to report your claim immediately, you can call your insurance carrier’s 24-hour emergency claims line. Otherwise you can wait to report it during our regular business hours.

Aviva, S&Y: 1-866-MY-AVIVA (1-866-692-8482)
Intact Insurance: 1-866-464-2424
RSA: 1-800-319-9993
Travelers Canada: 1-800-565-1322

What happens after I report my claim?

Your insurance carrier will assign a claims Adjustor to look after your claim. The adjustor’s job is to investigate the facts of the accident and the extent to which the claim is covered by your insurance. Some carriers use in-house adjustors and others use outside adjustors. The adjustor will then arrange for an estimate of damages and discuss settlement.

I’ve been in an auto accident and my vehicle is not drive-able.
What do I do now?

You’re responsible for preventing your vehicle form further loss or damage, so you need to call a tow truck to remove the vehicle and take it to a garage for repair.

I need a rental vehicle. Does my coverage include a rental vehicle? Do I have to pay for it?

If you purchased an SEF 20 Loss of Use, your coverage includes a rental vehicle. The adjustor assigned to your claim will need to contact a rental company to authorize a rental vehicle. Once it is authorized, the insurance company will pay for it up to a specified limit.

I’ve been involved in a collision accident but I don’t have collision coverage. What happens now?

If the collision was the other driver’s fault, you could claim payment of your damages from the at-fault driver. If it was your fault, you will be personally responsible for your damages.